Monday, April 16, 2007

Japanese University Offers Lecture Series on Transexual Issues


Japan's Rikkyo University will permit a freelance writer who underwent a sex change operation to give a series of lectures on gender-related issues.

The 43-year old lecturer changed sexes at the age of 23.Lectures will cover:

1. making students aware that gender cannot be categorized as only male or female

2. the various types of sexual orientation

3. the variety of people in the world

4. legal issues involving gender identity disorder in Japan

5. reactions of the Japanese to sex changesJust last evening I was invited to see a performance that will be given by a transexual that will explain his/her struggles.

Admittedly, I have never met a transexual, that I know of. I am sure I have much to learn.What do you know about transexuality?

No comments: